As you may be aware, the Government has started the enrolment process for registration under GST by way of release of the common portal for GST and the taxpayers registered under the current indirect tax laws will be required to enrol for the same.
Given this, Maharashtra Sales Tax Department has issued circular 35T of 2016 enabling ‘Functionality to get provisional id for GST Enrolment’ in respect for the enrolment of existing VAT dealers on the GST System portal.
Listed below are the steps to be accorded for same.
· Registered dealers under the MVAT Act 2002 need to log in through their existing login id and password in the department portal mahavat.gov.in
· Click on e-services
· Click on GSTN Enrollment Provisional Id
· Click on Return Filing
· Click yes to access the GST provisional Id Credentials
· A GSTN Pre-registration form will be displayed
· The dealers are required to update the desired details; viz, email address, mobile number, etc. and submit the same
· On due submission, provisional Id and Password will be generated vide a downloadable PDF acknowledgement.
Given the above, all registered dealers under the MVAT Act, 2002 are required to update their details through “Provisional Registration for GSTIN” available on the website of http://www.mahavat.gov.in on or before 30 November 2016.
Further, on receipt of the login ID and Password, dealers are required to file prescribed application on GSTN web portal and upload requisite documents to migrate into GST regime.
For more details please get back to us on firstname.lastname@example.org